10 July 2013

IIFA Awards 2013 - Green Carpet Fashion Review

They travelled in all their glory from the hustling film city of Mumbai to the star studded IIFA awards event held in Macau. The best of the best Bollywood stars were snapped across the two day period, and judging by the pictures they all seemed to of had a fabulous time! With the film Barfi bagging a number of awards and Vidya Balan walking away with the best actress awards for Kahaani, it was truly a grand day to remember! But as always, I'm not here to write about who won what! I'm here to share with you what our B-Town beauties wore for the green carpet, and which one of them looked like a true dime!

1. Manissha Lamba

We haven't seen much of Manissha on the big screen of late, but there was nothing stopping her from attending this years IIFA's. Dressed in a Ayesha Depala gown it's a real shame that Miss Lamba failed to do justice to do the outfit! There's no denying its a beautiful designed dress and the rich maroon colour really adds so much zest to the attire! However, it's definitely not cut out for Manissha. I can understand she has left her hair up in a neat clean bun to add to the elegance and pull all the attention towards the dress, but it's definitely not a hairstyle that suits her features!

Ratings: 5/10
 
2. Yami Gautam
Yami Gautam was all smiles on the green carpet and was snapped dressed in a very lavish teal and lime Swapnil Shinde gown. I absolutely love the flare and simplistic design. However, I'm not convinced it's the best style of dress she could have chose to wear for the event! It's not like we haven't seen something like this before, and it's vibrant colours almost make the gown seem more suitable for a day event as opposed to a glamour night. Despite this, her makeup and hair looks fabulous and she does look so pretty as always!

Ratings: 6/10

3. Parineeti Chopra
Parineeti Chopra undeniably made head turns at this years IIFA and it was primarily because she looked so different! Snapped with her hair tied neatly back, bold red lipstick and dark kohl Kajol filled eyes, Parineeti appeared looking so much more maturer and ever so sophisticated. It's a simple black fitted Namrata Joshpuri designed dress, but it's the perfect choice of dress to strut down the green carpet with. Whilst I love the outfit, I'm still getting used to seeing Parineeti dressed like this. I could perhaps see this particular design sported by someone like Deepika, but the fact it's on Parineeti is so unusual! May I add that I love the blood red peep-toe shoes.

Ratings: 7/10
 
4. Deepika Padukone
After seeing Miss Padukone in some of the most glamorous of outfits at previous other award functions, I was rather disappointed to see her choose this particular dress for the magnificent IIFA's. If there's one thing I absolutely love about this outfit, it's the incredibly gorgeous embellished top, which is just so glamorous for the night, but the overall outfit designed by Naeem Khan is not quite my favourite. I do think Deepika could have opted to keep her tresses down, and think the makeup is just a little too bold/striking with this rather casual design.

Ratings: 7/10
 
5. Vidya Balan
It was a pleasant surprise to see Vidya in an Anand Kabra sari lengha as opposed to a Sabyasachi silk sari. You can never go wrong with the colour black and this is definitely one of the better outfits she is finally wearing. I love the style, it's so traditional yet so classy and at the same time I think the bohemian plait replacing the conventional bun is so much more chic! Way to go Vidya!

Ratings: 7/10

6. Jacqueline Fernandez
Jacqueline Fernandez was seen sporting a very gorgeous nude and soft gold mermaid dress designed by Roberto Cavalli. I do think the outfit suits her hourglass figure really well, and although it may appear rather plain and subtle at first it does have loads of character and looks magnificently elegant. Alongside the dress I think Jacqueline has opted for the perfect hairstyle, known as the wet look. It's sexy, manageable and frames her face so beautifully.

Ratings: 8/10

7. Sridevi
Sridevi definitely worked the whole 'glam-queen' look at the high fly IIFA's, dressed in a nude embellished dress. As the dress in itself is very eye-catching, I like the fact that Sridevi hasn't over done it with the accessories. A simple pair of earrings is all that is needed, and with the her curls swept to one side she looks so suave and sophisticated. This actress seems to look better with age, and she knows how to make heads turn wherever she goes!

Ratings: 8/10

8. Amrita Rao
Amrita Rao will be next seen making her appearance in Satyagraha, but before that we finally managed to catch a glimpse of her at the event, snapped in a Monica and Karishma gown. Amrita is naturally quite petite, so opting for an outfit that gives so much body to her figure was definitely a good choice. Her makeup was spot on and to brighten up the dress a little I think the bright red lips work well.

Ratings: 8.5/10

9. Anushka Sharma
She's donned some of the most bright coloured outfits, including a Victoria Beckham yellow dress for the FilmFare awards, but going for a much safer option in colour for this years IIFA's turned out to be much more of hit! This gorgeously simplistic white Roberto Cavalli gown looks absolutely stunning. Whilst it may appear rather dull at first, I think such natural and pastel coloured outfits are exactly the ones that suit Anushka the most. The neat gold beaded belt sinched around the waist is all that is needed, and keeping her tresses loose was definitely a must. Her sleek and straight hair carries bags of character, and sometimes without over doing it you can look so fresh and fabulous!

Ratings: 9/10

10. Madhuri Dixit
It's unfortunate that this is the best photograph I could find of Madhuri sporting a black and gold sari lengha. I love it when Madhuri opts to go awards functions in true desi style and think this outfit is so fitting for her. The intricate blouse is just so beautiful and the gold patti around the sari brings the whole moghul-look together. Alongside the outfit, her hair and makeup looks just as beautiful too. It's a delicate outfit, which means only a delicate hairstyle will fit the bill! Definitely a Madhuri Dixit 'hit' all the way!

Ratings: 9/10

One thing I did notice at this years IIFA event was that gold, nude and beige were the colours that dominated the green carpet. Any particular reason why? Either way, whatever the colour, some of our B-Town ladies did stand out more than others! Who do you think stood out? All feedback and comments welcome!

Love fashion! Love Bollywood!

Kin x