No Bollywood film works without its musical elements, so it just as necessary to review the best and worst songs from The Hindi films of 2012. In no particular order, I would like to share with you which songs were worth listening too this year, and the others I simply would never like to hear of again!
The best....
The best of the songs that have made it here are the ones that are lyrically sane! I don't prefer listening to songs that fail to deliver any sort of meaning, and for this reason it's been pretty easy choosing the ideal songs hits for 2012!
1. Talaash (2012) Jee Le Zara
Talaash of course was not a film that was all about the music, but some of its compositions including Jee Le Zaara were still one of the great songs worth listening too. It had immense meaning, depth and correlated well with the storyline, which is why I think it tops off as one of the best songs of 2012.
2. Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) Saans
Although I am not the biggest fan going for the film Jab Tak Hai Jaan, it's fair to say the music of the film was better than average! This is not to say it has been A.R Rahmans finest composition, however, Saans is the winning song of the year, that makes you want to fall in love all over again. It's about sharing life in the presence of one another, and always leaves a chill up my spine everytime I listen to it!
3. Dabanng 2 (2012) Saanson Ne
Amongst all the buzz around the item song Fevicol Se & Dagabaaz Re from this film, I do think Saanson Ne is the ultimate track that binds the love between Chulbul Pandey and his Mrs. It's a romantically sweet composition that has a very beautiful 90's charm about it. Almost the kind of song you would here Kumar Sanu singing, but Sonu Nigam does just as great justice, today.
4. Student of the Year (2012) Radha
This is one of those songs you can't help getting your groove onto and was one of my favourite dance numbers for 2012. The story of Radha and Krishan told in the form of a fast paced musical is remarkably different from other dance tunes, and it worked well in terms of the storyline. I think this is one particular song that you can play over and over again and never get bored of!
5. Student of the Year (2012) Ishq wala love
Student of the Year was completed like a musical, hence why it's impossible to leave out another of the beautiful songs from this film. Ishq wala love is one of my favourite songs of 2012 that sums up love in the postmodern world! I absolutely love this song, and it's soft, soothing and gentle lyrics work well to show off the delicacy behind love. A must listen!
Are there any other songs that are worth a listen too? Do send suggestions or feedback in! Check out the worst of Bollywood songs 2012 in the next post!
Kin x




