31 December 2012

The worst songs from Bollywood 2012

The worst...

Here are the top 5 songs which were ever so painful for the ears to listen to! It was quite a challenge choosing just 5 particular songs, as I think there were an endless number of silly and lyrically poor songs that were released in films this year! I still don't understand the meaning or point of these songs, and I do hope 2013 brings some better music for us all! I hope I have done justice to choosing the most ridiculous 5....

1. Aiyyaa (2012) Sava dollar


Along with an absolutely absurd movie came the most pathetic of songs. Sava dollar was a Marathi-Hindi crossover song, that carried absolutely no melody, no meaningful lyrics and terrible dance moves. I don't think I will be listening to any such songs any time soon! It's a shame such songs even exist!
 
2. Dabangg 2 (2012) Fevicol Se


Item songs have always created so much attention in B-Town, and just like the rest of them this item song disappointed too! A song endorsing a glue brand known as Fevicol makes this song sound overly cheap and borderline tacky! I don't see what the craze is about, and wouldn't endeavour to listen to it again!

3. Khiladi 786 (2012) Hookah Bar


Stealing the music composition from Chris Brown's Turn Up the Music, Hookah Bar is an awful music composition that made Bollywood sound ever so distasteful! It's an awful song that has absolutely no meaning. Askhay Kumar hasn't had much luck with his films, and the music of such films isn't helping him any further!

4. Son of Sardaar (2012) Po Po


I was absolutely disgusted when I first heard this song, and I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing or hearing. Po Po entails no meaning whatsoever and just sounds like a bunch of random words have been bunched together to make a song for the film. If they were trying to be funny it really didn't work, and if anything put me off from watching the movie!

5. Kya Super Kool hai Hum (2012) Teri shirt da mein button


This is a song where two guys are infatuated by two females and are singing a song about how they would love to be the button on the females shirt, or the clips in their hair. Why would anybody write a song about some guys desire to turn into feminine accessories is beyond my understanding, and I wouldn't spare a moment of time to listen to this again!

If you think there's any other songs that top the list of the worst songs from Bollywood 2012, do share with me! Until next time and for those of you celebrating- here's wishing you a Happy New Year 2013!

Kin x